Saturday, November 7, 2009

My antelope!

Yesterday we went hunting. We saw several deer, some elk, and a few antelope. I had a chance at a decent 4 point mule deer, at least decent by my standards, but missed the window of opportunity for shooting. However, I did shoot my antelope doe. Now keep in mind, it has been YEARS since I shot any game animals, and I didn't even do any target shooting this summer. Regardless, I shot this doe at about 100 yards, and it only took one shot! Here she is:Hunting partnerMy elusive husband!
Beautiful scenery.

3 comments:

The Farmer's Wife said...

Congratulations!!

You took some beautiful pictures of the Breaks. What a nice day!

Your freezer is getting full...what a blessing.

Anne said...

Whohoo! Nice fat doe too! Congrats on the shot and it sure looks like a good one...we can't find the elusive husband in the pictures though.....

Cowboy's Sweetheart said...

I love the scenic pictures that you took. Beautiful.
Congratulations on your hunt. I am truly impressed. Guns scare me. The meat will taste so good this winter.