Monday, October 27, 2008

Manic Monday

Why, why, why, I ask myself; Why don't I pack an extra cup of coffee on Mondays? This was another crazy one, with students talking to me, reading to me, telling me they CAN'T, asking one question after another. Well, this is my job, but some days, I just don't know. One student was absent today, which only left 4, all boys, but with 4 grades, the upcoming "Author's Tea," which, I truly believe is good for the students, the looming presence of Halloween and of course a Halloween party with a pinata only 1/4 of the way done, things got a bit daunting today. Okay, perhaps it would be best not to advertise that I am a teacher, with the recurring run-on sentences I seem to be constructing, but it was a long day. Oh yeah, it is mid-term today, too! Also, Red Ribbon week would have to be this week, too, and I am trying to sum up a short unit on the election! I must remember this day in January, when things are so quiet I cannot stand it. How was your Monday?

3 comments:

The Farmer's Wife said...

For the record, run-on sentences are cool, because they cause the reader to stop and evaluate where they may have begun and that brings a contemplative tone to the tome. See?
Mondays are such a shock to the system, aren't they? Do you need a coffee pot there at school for mid-day infusions? I can get you one!
I'm so glad you started a blog. They really are fun to read and it's a nicer forum than email. And you can add pictures! (I looked at your complete profile...you are WAY more interesting than you let on in that, by the way.)
Hope your Monday night is calmer.

Jessica said...

I am so sorry to hear your Monday was so sucky.....sounds like today is going a bit better and I hope it is a better week as a whole!!
**HUGS**

Unknown said...

AAARRRRGH!!!! That is pirate talk for I hope that your week morphed into more manageable. Glad it is not a full moon though... or is it?