Saturday, November 1, 2008

Just a moment

Well, our school Halloween party was loads of fun. We got together with 3 other rural schools, and I almost think the kids would be delighted to simply play with the other kids, but we threw in some games. We had an egg and spoon race on scooters, which didn't work out very logistically; I think the teachers should have eaten some sugar before we started. There was a candy corn toss; I personally believe throwing candy corn at a bucket outside is much better than eating it. We had a cake walk, skeleton scramble, and breaking of the pinata. Time went too quickly, and it was time to clean up after the potluck.
I figure we had nearly 50 trick-or-treaters last night. Most of the kids forgot the words! You know, "Trick-or-Treat!" At least they remembered "Thank you." Overall, it was a pleasant day, one of the warmest Halloween's I can remember.

2 comments:

The Farmer's Wife said...

Glad your Halloween went well! The party sounds like it was a really good time; I remember just liking getting with another gang of kids, too.
Out of those 50 trick or treaters, how many were related to you?!!

Marisa said...

Only 6 were related. I kept the baby, and he never asked for candy, just a bottle. 3 were former students, and there were a few I wasn't sure who they were. No current students, this year.