Saturday, November 29, 2008

If You're Not from the Prairie...

Things that went through my mind yesterday, on the prairie, mostly, and mostly on a 4-wheeler:
*Do I have everything I need?
*How do you drink coffee and drive a 4-wheeler?
*Shift!
*How should I chronicle this on my blog?
*Lines from the book, "If You're Not from the Prairie," by Bouchard
*How many people would be familiar with that children's book?
*What IS he doing?
*Daydreaming while driving a 4-wheeler next to a fence is probably a bad idea
*"Always an adventure!"
*"If you're not from the prairie, you don't know the wind."
*Bump!
*Find a stick, find a stick, why didn't I pick up that stick 1/2 mile back?
*You want me to do what?
* Did he forget "my" 4-wheeler isn't an automatic like his?
*How do you put this thing in reverse?
*How Do You Get this thing OUT of Reverse!!
*Don't go there, you can't reverse!
*How many miles are we going to cover? (37, as it turned out!)
*Um, going up that incline at that angle was not the best choice.
*I'm glad the 4-wheeler didn't tip over on me!
*Does he really think I'm going to follow him up that hill?
*Do I really have to drive back down this hill?
*Dear God, please keep us safe, guide my hands and my mind.
*How does a coyote get mange?
*Oh great, I'm stuck!
*What does the SAHM life mean?
*Does Mary know?
* Could it be Super Aunt, Human Missile?
*Bump!
*Or maybe Super Android Humanistic Mom?
*Maybe it's backwards for Mothers Having a Syndrome.
*It's getting dark!
*Seriously, that 4-wheeler is out of gas?
*This isn't as bad as I anticipated, being pulled on a 4-wheeler by a 4-wheeler.
*What a beautiful sunset!
*It's getting dark, and cold.
*Where is the pickup?
*Brrr Bump!
*Could it be Senile And Happy Memories?
*Thank God, there's the pickup.
*What an enjoyable day.
*Except the wind.

2 comments:

The Farmer's Wife said...

Stay-At-Home-Mom, is the actual translation. Although I liked your ideas better!
What a day, what a day!

TraciG said...

Glad you're home safely!! I'm pretty sure that many of those thoughts reverberated through my brain in my 4 wheeler history... Good stuff!