Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Threadbare Gypsy Soul

Well, here's an ode to Pat Green. Follow along if you can!
"Got myself a threadbare gypsy soul, likes to dance and drink and go wherever the wind blows..." You see, I'm itching to get away, and looking forward to a weekend away in December, even though it will involve wading through the Christmas shopping crowds. However, that's about 3 weeks away, and "I ain't goin nowhere, mama." until then. I used to have a rockin horse too, but mine would gallop to Hardee's for lunch, not Galleywinter. "If I am truly crazy, don't you know I like my life that way, if I'm really going crazy, won't you hop on board? I could use some company! Meanwhile, "the grass ain't always greener on the other side...count your blessings come as they may." So, until December, I won't "put the cart before the horse, unless he knows how to push it, of course."
Believe you me, though, I may not be able to jump the gun, but I will "jump in with both feet," come that weekend.
I will count my blessings, come as they may, since everything I said was the gosh-darn truth. "It ain't what you said, just how you said it," and I think I've taken this far enough!

3 comments:

The Farmer's Wife said...

I may be the only one of your readers who can follow that post, and appreciate it! I started a post about Pat Green, one time, and my inner Texan, but gave it up when I realized there were probably only 3 people in my circle of friends who even recognize his name, much less his music.
I think the weather and the moon have something to do with wanderlust. Maybe you should get a dacquari mix, dig out your flip flops, throw your beach towel down on the floor and put on some Buffett. Your husband may send you to therapy, but at least you get to go SOMEWHERE! Or come to sunny Cohagen. We live in a sort of alternate reality, anyway....you'd fit right in!
Aloha, my dear!

Marisa said...

I appreciate the offer, and hope I can take you up on it, soon. But it's the get away part that I need, you know, out of the county, relaxing. You are right about the alternate reality, though, that could help. And I think book club will help.

Anne said...

Hmmm - how about a girl's day out because if I don't see the county line (other than to Miles City) soon, I'm going to go bonkers!??? We may have a Bozeman trip sometime here but the husband and I are still debating. Meanwhile.......Lewistown anyone? Or Circle? Winnett perhaps?