Sunday, November 16, 2008

Pansies and Johnnies







Can you believe it's the middle of November? Today, as I write this, we have had flurries off and on, and winter seems to be setting in (again). Will it last this time? Time will tell, I guess. On Friday, before book club, I ran out to my flower bed, and took a few snapshots of my still beautiful flowers. It's a bit shocking to me that in November, I still have actual blooms in my garden. Is it the weather, or have I truly created my own microclimate in the rock-encircled corner? Maybe a combination of both, but I'm so proud of these little faces, that I just had to share!



4 comments:

Jessica said...

The colors are wonderful in those. I can't wait for next year when MAYBE I can get something to grow in the yard I now have!
Those are great!

Pohney said...

Beautiful Marisa! Makes me anxious for spring and new posies! Enjoy them while they bloom and enjoy them in your heart always.
Pohney

Anne said...

Wowzers, those do look pretty darned good for the occasional frosts and snowfalls. Did you notice this year that I tried really ,really hard not to convince everyone to blow all their money on bulbs again. However, I may be putting in an order, if you want to get in...................;)

The Farmer's Wife said...

Johnnie-jump-ups make me smile...thier name, thier funny little faces, thier tenacity. And they have the audacity to bloom when everything else is frosted and brown! Keeps you going, as a gardener, doesn't it?

Anne needs intervention, where bulbs are concerned. We all have a weakness, plant-wise, but I think hers has gotten a bit dangerous! I'm looking for a twelve-step program. I think I'm going to attend because of my sunflower madness. Do you want to come with us?