Friday, November 21, 2008

Snow Day!




So, this morning, I took off from my driveway, down the street, and thought to myself, "Self, wouldn't it be nice to have a pickup for days like today?"


"Yes, it would." I answered myself.


And, indeed, it would. I made it over the hill out of town, pushing snow as I went, when I decided maybe I needed a plan B. So I called our school chairperson. We decided that we would wait about an hour, then I, the guinea pig, would try the roads again. So I did. I made it further the second time, but decided driving 25-30 mph was getting me somewhere very slowly, hopefully not the ditch. I pulled over when I decided I had had enough slipping and sliding, and called said board member, and we called it a snow day.
So now, what to do with a day off? Go cross country skiing? No, getting them out of the attic alone could prove as dangerous as driving to school. That will have to wait. Sit around in sweats catching up on NCIS and Jon and Kate plus 8? Good choice. Catch up on projects? I could attempt to sew those curtains, although I am by no means a seamstress, and the shelves need to be sanded and stained. Hmm. Clean house? Yuck, but somebody's got to do it, sometime. Well, time will tell. Not sure I'm ready to settle into a day of vegging in front of the t.v., but cleaning house doesn't sound that great, either. Projects, here I come! And maybe a little laundry.



1 comment:

The Farmer's Wife said...

Hooray!!!Snow day!!!
Make the cocoa, put on the comfies, find your best girl flicks, fluff your blanket, take the phone off the hook! Popcorn? Check. People magazine? Check. Chocolate chips? Double check.
When the sheer decadence of a free day loses its sheen, THEN do something useful...you'll have to pick up popcorn kernels and wash the cocoa mug, anyways.