Monday, June 29, 2009

Another Day at the Lake

Sunday morning, we were on the road to the lake at a quarter after 5! Yes, we are that crazy. I wasn't real sure how getting up that early would pan out, but mostly, it was a great time. I generally wake up at 4:30 these days anyway, so I just had to stay awake rather than go back to bed. Getting up so early provided us with some great views of nature in the morning, so that was a definite benefit. We saw quite a few deer, included an awesome buck in velvet, which of course the picture was too far away, and this giant antelope that nearly took my breath away.


We arrived at the lake and put our poles in, and were soon joined by the Miller family. The day was spent fishing, visiting, and swimming.
Sometimes fishing and swimming at the same time!
Even Anne got in the water for a swim! She REALLY likes cinnamon bears!
We arrived home hot and tired, so we put away the necessary things, showered, and crashed in the living room! As a result, today I am straightening the house, doing laundry, and tending to my sunburn, and preparing for our trip to the lake next weekend!
As you can see, this month we spent our spare time relaxing at the lake fishing. Maybe something else will be posted about next month. I will try to include garden happenings and our trip to Polson and Lewistown toward the end of the month, but don't be surprised if there are more pictures of us at the lake!






3 comments:

Anne said...

Thanks for the wonderful day - that was the most relaxed Eric and I have been in months! (And the cinnamon bear(s) was totally worth it) ;)

The Farmer's Wife said...

I'm trying not to cry, as I type this comment....look at all your fishing! What fun! Keep putting the fish pictures up; for some of us, that's as close as we get....

Marisa said...

Come join us, sometime! Would you?