Saturday, July 11, 2009

Rock Flower Bed

I actually weeded this flower bed this morning, mostly, and figured I better snap a few pictures. This one didn't turn out as well as I would like, but you get the general idea, right?

I can only imagine that when Mary gave me Salvia, she said "give it plenty of space, it will get big!" Well, that was several years ago, and I have been very gung-ho about filling in the gaps in this bed, so now poor heliopsis is getting squished. And, about half this bed is starting to fill in, while the other half looks fairly bare. AND, I'm afraid some of my heights are off, as you have to walk around the daisies to see the flax. Hmmm, live and learn, I guess!Does anyone know what this plant is? I hope it's a flower. 2 people have said so, and so it lives on in my garden. Again, this baby should have gone to the back if it's not a weed that should have been pulled! Have you ever seen a hen and chicks bloom? I sure haven't! It's beauty astounds me; I've always loved these, but love them even more dearly now.
Aaah, the Austree...planted the night before our wedding as a gift from John's cousin and his wife, this tree hardly grew for 2 years! Mary kept saying, "just wait, the 3rd year it will shoot up!" John kept saying, "I'd like to think it's putting down strong roots." And now, I say, "it's growing, it's growing!"








1 comment:

Heather said...

Marisa- I loved your yard pictures. And I wanted to tell you your flower bed looks great. Who cares if you have to walk around to see all the plants. That makes it more exciting. Also- I love the rocks!