Sunday, September 20, 2009

Baby's Room

So, over a month ago, Heather, Faith, and Laney came over and helped me paint in the baby's room. It's about time I post those pics, and some (mostly) finished pics of the room. Here you go:
Faith, delicately cleaning up the edges of a circle she painted.

Laney, drying a circle so it's ready for a second coat. She's a pro with a blowdryer, and so excited to be able to help!
And let me tell you, I was so excited to get help! Here's the room now:

The cradle my dad built; my picture is crooked, not the cradle!
The crib in place, although it's used to store blankets for now. The colorful mobile goes so well in this room!
The changing table my dad built; I need to paint the drawer pulls. I'm thinking the green color of the walls.

Thank you for all the help getting this room ready, I really appreciated it! Now all this colorful room needs is a baby! Stay tuned!

5 comments:

Marisa said...

Safety note: the outlet above the crib will be covered before a baby can stick it's fingers in there, it just hasn't happened yet!

Pohney said...

I love the colors! It is so bright and happy! Any baby would love that room. The cradle is beautiful!
I can hardly wait to meet baby O'Connor!

TraciG said...

It's lovely! Great to see you this afternoon. You'll be in my prayers as the countdown continues!

Jessica said...

The changing table is wonderful...your Dad does an awesome job!
I love the room, so much better than the original wallpaper (sorry John)
Can't wait for Baby O'Connor to get here as I am sure you are!

Montana Calamity said...

The nursery is so pretty and having a grandfather's personal touch is special. I can hardly wait to see the room in person and a new family member moved in.