Thursday, January 8, 2009

Snowmen

Temps reached at least 42 degrees here, today! It's a regular heat wave! With all the snow that we have, I decided it was wonderful weather for making a snowman. Of course, now that I'm a teacher, I can coerce students into building snowmen, so I don't get wet and cold! Today, I offered up a challenge. Whoever built the best snowman would receive a prize. If anybody went together, they shared the prize. Out of 5 students, we ended up with 3 snowmen. One young man was happy he worked alone, as he didn't have to share his candy cane! As it turned out, we had the cutest snowman, the most industrious snowman, and the snowman who knew how to have the most fun! Can you guess which snowman was made by each group? 2 kindergarteners collaborated, one second grader, and a fifth and sixth grader worked together. Evidently the short one turned his head as I took the picture. Just couldn't keep his attention!

2 comments:

The Farmer's Wife said...

Fun!
I'm partial to the bottom snowman; I'll bet he's the only person with a snowshovel who's smiling, these days!

TraciG said...

Love it!! What a great day for fun activities such as snowmen! I was wishing I felt good enough to do the same thing with Ben and Alli. This dang cold! Way to use what's available to take the kids outside and do some teamwork and creative thinking. Good job little teacher!!!