Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Okay, okay

Okay, okay, I'll blog already. School is back in full swing and already it's been one of those weeks. Like my friend Mary, I've been thinking gardening already. The more snow that falls, the more I long for blooming flowers. I love winter, and I must say we're getting quite a dose this year, but sometimes it's good to have something to look forward to. And boy, do I need something to look forward to. Perhaps that explains my recent choices of books. I received 2 gift certificates to my favorite book store for Christmas, and ordered a new Bible, "The Power of a Praying Wife," and "Month by Month Gardening in Montana." Just received the latter today, and am posting first, then will read. Can you believe my willpower?
As for the New Year, resolutions have been stated, and I'm jumping in with both feet. These include such things as exercising, watching what I eat, reading the Bible, saving money, making a bigger effort to keep the house clean. So far, I'm off to a good start, but aren't we all in January? It's about April or May when the shine wears off the new year, the dust bunnies attack, and you think "I'll do it tomorrow." I say April or May optimistically!
Okay, so now you're caught up, knowing I didn't fall off the face of the earth, or even the slippery highway! Hope everyone's 2009 is going well. I'm hopeful it will be better than 2008!

1 comment:

The Farmer's Wife said...

Oh, THERE you are!!!
I can't believe your restraint, when it comes to books...but I know it's a lot easier to restrain when you're shopping online rather than touching the actual books. Then, heaven help us all, when we touch the books....
It's so much fun to have books delivered right to the door!
Keep up the good work on all your endeavors. I've found it sure helps my motivation to invite someone to our house once a week. Of course, this winter, no-one can actually GET here, so that's kind of pointless!
Seed swap..we're on. Make a list of what you want and what you have. We have until April 1, so it will be a while.