Monday, December 29, 2008

Ice Fishing







Today we went ice fishing. Really, it was a nice day. I personally was cold, although others told me it was warm. I am just a woosie. It snowed, it stopped. It snowed, the fish bit, it stopped, so did they. We caught a few fish, and when the fish were biting, it didn't seem so cold. I also faced another situation that nobody else seemed too concerned about, themselves. You see, I was the only female with 7 men and boys. Need I say any more? Needless to say, I drank minimal amounts of hot chocolate, and went on a short 4-wheeler adventure alone. The sunset was beautiful, and after an adventurous ride out (yikes), we are warm and cozy at home. Enjoy the pictures!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Looks like fun! I was wondering if you were home....it's always nice to get out and do stuff like that.
That thing about being the only woman...that sux!!! I here you there, but it's usually a hike for me! LOL
Love the pics!

The Farmer's Wife said...

You know, sometimes being the only woman is kind of fun, I think. There's a certain status you attain by being willing and tough enough to run with the boys. Or sometimes it's just preferable to cleaning toilets at your house, where you are STILL the only woman.
Yesterday was beautiful! Today, not so much. Wish you lived a little closer to me, and we could get together and have coffee, with eggnog and whipped cream. And we could bake oatmeal bread and watch an old Elizabeth Taylor movie in our pajamas. And rescue kittens from the toy horse trailer.
Come on over!

TraciG said...

All I can say, is if you went to Devil's Creek on that road with the ice and snow, you are a braver woman than I am!! Ice fishing was always kind of weird as it was soooo cold on top of the ice and these fish would emerge almost steamy from the temp. difference in the deep water and the ice. I must say, not my favorite way to spend a cold day, but at least you got to enjoy the beauty of the breaks and the river.... takes me back to when I was a little girl growing up on the other side of the lake.