Sunday, March 15, 2009

Seed swap

So, I know Mary talked about doing a seed swap in April, but I just can't wait. My thermometer reads 51 degrees, and I'm itching to be gardening! Is anyone interested in swapping seeds, still?
Here is my (small) list of flower seeds I can do some trading with:
* Mexican Hat
* Cosmos Bright Lights
* Hollyhocks
* Cactus-Why? Don't ask, but they are from 2004, and if you want such a thing, you take your own chances!

That's what I've got for flowers, and I might have some pumpkin seeds, if anyone is interested. If you want to participate, just leave a comment on your status, and we'll deal from there!
By the way, I did purchase a few seed packets in Miles the other day, for those of you worried that I was going to ignore the flowers this year! I found some on sale, and couldn't pass up the opportunity.

6 comments:

The Farmer's Wife said...

BRING ON THE SEEDS!

I am ready, girl! So, what say you? Would you like to meet, or just advertise and mail?

Michelle sent some seeds that are crying to be traded, and I have another bunch to mail her, so would you like to go through those?

(My husband indicates that I may have a problem...)

Marisa said...

Since some are not able to actually meet, I was thinking advertize and mail, but since some of us are close, I figured we could trade, but let's advertise on here so we can get an idea, and if any lurkers want to get involved, they can.
Did the seeds you ordered come in?

The Farmer's Wife said...

The seeds haven't come yet, but there hasn't really been enough time. HOWEVER, I did find about 25 seed packets out in the garden shed that were mis-filed last year. Combine that with the seeds I bought in Miles City and the seeds that I ordered, once again, I need some garden slaves. Maggie has her own plan and plot, so that will take care of some.

Let's do this. Why don't we set up an advertising date, say next Friday, and each can advertise on her blog what she HAS and what she NEEDS. Then we can peruse, comment, and exchange addresses with the people we need to share with. Would that work?

Oooh! No! Let's do Seed Swap Saturday, instead of Friday! What do you think? Then we can mail on Monday.

And you may need to send the bookclub girls an e-announcement, as we are not all good with subtle hints and not everyone reads the blogs. Just a suggestion.(( About what Anne was right about. ))

Marisa said...

Sorry, I guess I didn't think of adding what we NEED. I just have excess of those I listed, so that's why I listed them. I don't necessarily have anything I need, though.
I just left it open-ended in case someone can't get online on a certain day, but it would be good to have a deadline!

Marisa said...

What did Michelle send?

The Farmer's Wife said...

I'll list it after my board meeting. Ciao, babe!